Had a major disaster recently, my computer died, it was fairly old so not totally unexpected . Now fortunately all my important files, music, video, etc are kept on a detachable hard drive so I don't lose them (some are irreplaceable). But the annoying thing is that most of my programs are on my hard drive including all my e-mails. Really need a computer expert which I am most definitely not.
Ordered a new computer from Dell, like the fact that I can specify what I want rather than relying on the retailer to be selling what I want. I've decided to go with Open Source software for my office applications, although Works comes with the machines it's not compatible with MS Office whereas Open Office is. I'll also be downloading FireFox as I find it better then Internet Explorer. Not sure what's out there but for the most common applications I feel better with Open Source.
Wednesday, 19 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment