Sunday, 17 August 2008

Team GB at the Olympics

I've been watching the Olympics avidly (although not to the point of staying up all night to catch some events live).

Well with just over a week gone we are third in the medal table (and considering that the two countries ahead of us have at least 10 times our population that's good). It bodes well for London 2012.

I'm even more pleased we're ahead of the Aussies as there's nothing more satisfying than us Poms beating them. They may have won more medals than us but the table is based on number of golds and we're still ahead there and we get the chance to further the gap on Monday when we take on Denmark for the Gold in the team pursuit where we broke the World record today.

The BBC was scraping the bottom of the barrel today saying that Phelps would be 7th in the table if he was a country and would viewers like to send in their ideas for his flag. I hope that most of us are adults not five years old.

No comments: