Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Hearing

Those of you who know will know that I'm slightly deaf in both ears and today I finally received my second hearing aid (so I now have one for each ear). It does make a difference although I've only had it for a few hours, things are clearer and I can actually hear what people are saying next to me. :-)

I've also just been given a Blackberry for work. I used to have a PDA but these are no longer used as anything un-encrypted is not allowed in Government Departments thanks to the MoD and Home Office leaving documents and laptops on trains/ in taxis etc. All our laptops are now encrypted with the passwords being an unintelligible string of letters and numbers. Blackberrys are similar. Don't know what the protocol is for encrypted USB drives.

Today is also the re-opening of our staff restaurant. We've just had a choir of kids from local schools entertaining us along with a couple of adult singers. The Permanent Secretary, David Bell and the Secretary-of-State have just given speeches and the restaurant starts formally retrading tomorrow. I know all this because I can see the Lower Ground floor from my desk.

Comments are always welcome.

No comments: