Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Cricket (again!) and The new Harry Potter film

Firstly, the second test at Lord's - what a great performance, especially by Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff. Five wickets in his final Test at Lord's getting his name on the Honours board. Leading 1-0 after the second test is an achievement in itself, even though the Australian team were predicting a 5-0 whitewash (although they did the same in 2005). Comprehensive victory -'nuff said.

Saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the weekend, was actually pleasantly surprised, heard so much about the focus on romance that I was surprised to find it wasn't that prominent. Was also surprised at the "intermission" haven't had an interval at a cinema since I was little. Only scene I disliked was the wheat field and destruction of The Burrow, totally unnecessary especially as it's not in the book , could have been better spent using a scene actually in the book like Voldemort/Riddle's application to work as a teacher (featured twice in the book not even once in the film) or any other memory mentioned in the book but not used in the film.

No comments: