Been a busy week since I last posted.
Last weekend was the Jewish Lads and Girls Brigade London Challenge (also known as the Banner).
I been involved with the Brigade since 1998 as an adult leader. I'm now a leader at Hendon Bugle Band. The London Challenge is where all the London Companies (About 10 companies comprising over 100 children) come together and compete in 5 sections:
Drill
Inspection
Brigade Knowledge
Physical Challenge and
Formal PE
We did incredibly well and picked up the Physical Challenge cup and did well enough in all the other sections to win the Competition overall.
We now take on the Winners of the Provincial Challenge (AKA the Walton) in the Brigade Challenge (AKA the Ancil) Final at Summer Camp 2007 (The Walton has not yet taken place). The last two times we won the Banner (within the last 6 years) we also won the Ancil.
We also have the privelige of leading the Brigade march for the London Parade of Awards in July. The last two years this has been at Wellington Barracks followed by or preceeded by a march up/down the Mall. It is hoped to hold it at The Tower of London next year.
The next event was our weekly meeting of Hendon Bugle Band in Hendon. It was the last one this term and was also attended by our Battalion Commander, Brigade Major Ian Leveney. It was a fairly celebratory occasion due to the win at the weekend and we had a small Parade at the end where the children received Badges and/or Promotions.
Yesterday was hectic , I had to go up to our company offices in Darlington from London. I left home at 6.45 a.m. and got home at 4.45 p.m. All in all I spent under three hours actually in Darlington and just over two hours at our offices up there. Absolutely knackered today.
Anyway going to go home now, may post again before the holidays, if not it will be the New Year as I have Camp from 27th December - 1st January
Saturday, 16 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment