Wednesday, 20 December 2006

Very quiet at work

Due to being the last working week before Christmas it is dead quiet in the office. Although nearly everybody is in, nobody is rushing to meet deadlines because any work that comes in now will probably have a deadline of early next year or at the very most after Christmas

Of course everyone is looking forward to the rest, for most Civil Servants in central Government Departments we get the two days of the weekend followed by the two days of Bank holidays followed by a further privilege day which changes from year to year depending when Christmas falls. This year it happens to be the 27th December therefore giving us three days holiday.

Monday was pleasant day, it was our team Christmas meal. It wasn't a particularly exclusive restaurant just the local Italian but it was nice to get out the office. I also have to thank our Director for paying for it out of his own pocket.

As is traditional with Christmas meals those of us who had no pressing need to go back to the office didn't which gave me a chance to finish buying Chanukah presents for my family (being Jewish I don't celebrate Christmas).

I'm looking forward to the 27th as Jewish Lads' and Girls' Brigade (JLGB) Winter Camp starts. We're at the same place as last year, a purpose built Youth centre near Kidderminster.
The camp is about 5 days this year and we finish on the morning of the 1st. Will post again after camp or maybe before depending on how I feel and if I can get some time on a computer.

No comments: