Was invited to a 30th Birthday party of a friend I've known for 19 years.
When I first met up with him after we'd both completed University (despite me being older than him I'd spent longer at uni) we were both living in London and both looking to move out. We ended up living in the same house for 11 months with another man we both knew.
At that time he called very few friends of his by their first name, at that time he did call me by my first name, but now I seem to be the only person he calls by a nickname with the exception of his wife.
He calls me "George"!(Long story and there are differing versions depending on whether it's me or him telling it)
Two things about his parties are:
a) You can usually tell who's going to be there to some extent
and
b) Most people will be working in computers from one angle or another.
I was last at that house for Bonfire night (5th November) last year and the majority of people who turned up were the same crowd.
I forgot to take my camera but I've asked for some photos as there were some people taking photos and if I get them and think they're appropriate I'll post some, either added to this post or as a new post.
Sunday, 14 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment