Due to the long weekend I've just got back from a weekend trip.
Went to a village named Fiskerton near Newark, Nottinghamshire.
We stayed in a four bedroom residence named the Dovecote on the very edge of Fiskerton Village, based on Lodge farm there are three different residences, all of which are converted barns.
The group I went with are a group I've spent a long weekend with every year for the last six year (including this year). We try to go to a different place every year and in our first two years we went canal boating.
I know these people through Brigade as we are (or were) all involved at one point or another (five out of six of us are still involved).
I was picked up from Nottingham Station by the two people who were coming from Nottingham and we went straight to Fiskerton. We then decided to walk to the village shop, big mistake! Whilst it is possible to walk to the Village shop and it's not a long way, there's no walkway between the road we were on and into the Village, the road's fairly busy as well so it wasn't exactly a pleasant walk.
On the Saturday we went into Central Newark for the market, we returned to the Dovecote in the early afternoon and spent a fairly leisurely afternoon reading the papers and watching the Snooker. This was unusual, in previous years we've spent the whole day out only returning in the late afternoon or early evening.
On the Sunday we went in to Lincoln for the Cathedral and Castle, very interesting and took a walking guided tour of the city. Very old city, some remains of the Roman town and still some Norman houses remaining (and they're still in use).
I did take photos, but don't have the photos to hand, will add when I've downloaded them.
After going back to the Dovecote we later went out for a Pub Quiz at the local.
On Monday morning rather than going straight back as we normally do, we went to the local sports pavilion and fields as there was an event on which we'd read about earlier on the weekend. We ended up playing bowls and watching the dance display. I finally got back to my flat in London about 7.00 p.m.
Wednesday, 9 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment