Saturday, 3 May 2008

Boris wins

The London Mayoral Elections were held two days ago and the results were announced yesterday evening. The Conservative candidate Boris Johnson MP was elected as Mayor of London for the next four years. He's going to get global coverage at the Olympic and Paralympic games when as Mayor of London he accepts the handover from the Mayor of Beijing.

Whereas he has a reputation of gaffes and pretending to be a buffoon he has run a gaffe-free campaign and I truly believe he will do a good job as Mayor.

As Richard Barnbrook has only been elected as a London Assembly member he can't do too much as the London Assembly is only there to keep a check on the Mayor. However, if I had my way I'd line all BNP members and their supporters against a wall and shoot them. Racism should NEVER be acceptable in politics in the UK.

The Labour party got a real kicking nationwide losing over 300 councillors, time for Gordon to go? It is ridiculous that the Prime Minister's decisions in most areas do not affect his own constituents.

No comments: