Monday, 19 May 2008

Moving

On the move again, but thankfully just work moves this time. Due to cuts in the number of people working for my Government Department, due to both cuts generally and the split of the Department, I've moved from my building to the main building.

Although I'm at a traditional desk at the moment, I'm due to move up to the Flexible workspace by the end of June. Flexible means sitting where there are spaces (within your team) when you get in.

I have a number of problems with the Flexible workspace :

1. I have a number of specialist pieces of software, I've been offered a laptop just for work as I have one for working at home but unfortunately one of my pieces of software tends to crash laptops.

2. Due to being slightly deaf I have a specialist phone but I may not be able to take it with me.

3. My deafness gets worse with fluorescent lights, but there is no option to turn them off above my desk (as I have at the moment).

The Department seems yet to realise that Flexible working is not suitable for everybody and those that have certain specific requirements have not been suitably catered for.

No comments: