Wednesday, 28 March 2007

Greetings from Arizona

After some sleep, I've finally woken to a nice sunny day in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Due to circumstances beyong our control , from waking up until going to bed was 26 Hours.

We were up at 6 a.m., a taxi picked us up at 7.45 a.m. and we were checked in before 9 a.m. (as required), however, we were told that the plane was running late and as we'd miss our connection at Houston, Texas we'd have to take the next available flight. Unfortunately, the next available flight was leaving Texas at 10.45 p.m. (Houston Time).

This meant we got into Phoenix at 11.49 p.m. (Phoenix time. 6 hours behind the UK). I eventually got to bed at 2 a.m. Phoenix time i.e. the equivalent of 8 a.m. British time. I find it hard to sleep on aeroplanes and therefore I'd got all of about 15 minutes sleep.

Surprisingly, I awoke at 8.30 a.m. this morning and have been fine all day.

After sunbathing, swimming and using the hot tub this morning we went into Scottsdale Old Town this afternoon.

I wouldn't say "Don't bother" but I would say "Look but don't buy". Unless you know exactly what you want and you can't get it anywhere else, don't buy. The prices they were charging for some everyday item were extortionate e.g. $40-$50 for a belt that would cost you $20 anywhere else or roughly £11-£12 (depending on the exact exchange rate).

Will post again if I get the chance before I get back.

No comments: