Monday, 19 March 2007

JLGB bands at the RAF


Yesterday, Sunday 18th March, JLGB bands (Hendon Bugle Band and Redbridge Band) were invited for a training day at RAF Uxbridge.

Although I'm a non-playing member of staff, I went along for the experience.

The journey was smooth and to our surprise we actually arrived at an event early. The day started with an introduction followed by a tea break and then the bands played some of their music to demonstrate how well they could play.




We quickly split into separate sections - i.e Percussion, brass and woodwind and the bands were given new tunes to learn.

After lunch we were going to do some drill practice on the Parade ground but it started raining, so it was postponed, when we finally got out it was absolutely freezing and therefore we didn't stay out too long:

We then played as an entire band whilst the younger, junior members were taken for a separate training session by the RAF's horn player.
Whilst I beleive it was an extremely worthwhile visit for the members, I won't be going again unless we are extremely short-staffed.

No comments: